kccweaves

my journey, as a weaver, from "AH" to "KA", on the eternal path we call "Life"

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Touching the Sky


 



 


 







 

 After making my way though a long, tunnel-like thicket of ceanothus, I emerged into a small clearing near the top of the trail. Ah!  The swirl of fresh air, sunshine, and blue sky! And a bonus smattering of wild yarrow, reaching their slender stalks upwards, touching the sky.  How to convey that experience?  In a botanical weaving, naturally!

I wove the yarrow stems in with a few asters, which I gathered a bit further along the trail, into my weft, as usual.  But they simply had to be oriented in their natural upright state, so as you can see from the photos, I hung them from the weft rather than my usual method of hanging the weaving from the warp.  

Thank you “tresmarie” for the design concept of how to attach the top frame to the weaving.

And a big THANK YOU to Volcan Mountain Foundation for supporting me in my craft.





No comments:

Post a Comment