kccweaves

my journey, as a weaver, from "AH" to "KA", on the eternal path we call "Life"

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Our Twins, Part Two

As promised.....the second twin.... This I wove a couple of years ago, if that.  I had just started participating in a monthly gathering of fiber aficionados in Santa Ysabel.  Beryl Warnes, of Julian Weaving Works fame, was our host.
Most people were weaving or spinning yarn or knitting.  I brought Cleveland sage branches and a spool of golden thread to wrap around the branches.  Needless to say, everyone was curious.
Why are you doing that?  What's that going to be?  I honestly had no answer for them, other than that I like to weave botanical weavings, and recounted my history of weaving plants.
But "why are you wrapping the branches with the thread?" they insisted.  And I explained: "I just have this idea that it's a good thing."
My environment, our environment, is precious to me.  That is why I weave what I weave, besides it being interesting and fun -- to enliven the preciousness of the teeming life that abounds all around us. As my friend Valerie noted: it's a matter of reverence.
So here's the twin, with a bit more flamboyance than her fraternal predecessor, as you will no doubt notice.  I've include a close-up so you can enjoy the details more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment