kccweaves

my journey, as a weaver, from "AH" to "KA", on the eternal path we call "Life"

Saturday, August 20, 2016

botanical weavings

Nature-lover-weaver...that's me!  Two of my favorites things: roaming through the thick chaparral on the hillside where I live, and weaving.
I started weaving nearly two decades ago.  I wove blankets and shawls and scarves and table runners.  One day, a few years ago, I was out walking on the mesa near my home, feeling uninspired, and I began to notice the sages and deer grass and sumacs and buckwheat, their colors and textures and scents(!), and I exclaimed "I want to weave YOU"!
I headed for my studio, collecting deer grass and white sage fronds and bee's bliss sage branches, and botanical weaving was born!
On the left is a photo of that first piece.
I have lots more I want to share with you....

5 comments:

  1. Oh, My! What a wonderful start to your blog! I had no idea you have been weaving so long! I love the photo!
    Can't wait for the next post--be sure to alert me.

    Happy to have you as a weaving buddy!
    Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Kathleen, amazing work! Would love to see more picture of what you have accomplished. Fantastic!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Kathleen, this is amazing! I had no idea of your artistry and how wonderful that you are utilizing your land around you. Please send more photos of your work to us. We would love to see much more. You are truly an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you do dear Kathleen

    ReplyDelete